Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pastor Ha


Pastor Ha Yong Jo passed away this week on August 2, at the age of 65. He was the founding pastor of Onnuri Church in Korea. Onnuri has become one of the most influential and innovative churches in the world. He was a great leader and a true visionary. He was so creative with his ministry plans and in the way that he saw the future. I found this old picture that I took with him back in 2003, when I was on the pastoral staff at Onnuri. I remember being upset when I took this picture because some of the other pastors made me wear this womens floral headpiece. But I guess Pastor Ha thought it was funny. Several times Pastor Ha spoke to me in English. Some people commented how strange it was that he would speak to me in English, because he didn't speak English to anyone. I feel so blessed to have served under the leadership of Pastor Ha.

No comments: